Monday, December 12, 2011

Draw Distance And Anchor Point

So today I worked with my son quite a bit on his form. One of his challenges is his anchor point. I think, he is over drawing on some and under drawing the bow on others creating one heck of a inconsistent anchor resulting in inconsistent arrow placement.

After pondering a while, I concluded with a string attached to the handle at one end and to the bow string above the knock at the opposite end.

I had him draw the bow, anchor at the corner of his mouth with his middle finger touching his K9, with a straight arm and tight back. I then measured the distance between the handle and intended anchor point.

The first round of arrows was worse. He was focusing on the string rather than the target. After a few more rounds he became familiar with it and brought his group in considerably.

I will try this for a week or so and then remove it. Hopefully this will help with muscle memory and stick.

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment