Tuesday, December 13, 2011


I decided to put my skills to work.  As you can see, I need practice.  Anyway, this dude is 4" wide and razor sharp.  The idea is to sever the head from the neck...saving all the meat on the bird.   I pounded some dowl rods in the ground and topped them with Styrofoam cups.  I did pretty well up to 15yard.  The tips are very heavy.  Obtaining consistancy at distances great that 15 yard was practically impossible.  

I know there a bit odd but I had a blast making them.  I know my limits and will approach the hunting situation with caution and make a wise decision as to  not to use them.. If I can get a bird within 10 yards I will deploy.Wish me luck 
Chuck


Well, The birds stayed at about 35 yards the entire time...maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment